Last week I was nominated by Helen from Thinkfitfoodfamily for the Leibster Award. I've linked to a post of hers so please take a look and have a read of the rest of her site too.
I agree with her points in this post that state of mind really affects your habits. I'd love to try out hypnosis myself if I had the money.
The Leibster awards is aimed at new and small blogs with a small following with a hope of boosting your exposure I think!
So 11 facts about myself. I'm going to keep them light hearted:
- I have a degree in Physiology from the University of Liverpool
- I've been clubbing in my pj's - for charity
- I've jumped on a train with a friend from Liverpool to London with next to no belongings including almost no money. A tube, a taxi, some busking and a ferry and a day later ended up in a cold snowy Le Harve. This was again for charity, we had taken part in a jail break with our universitys RAG society).
|In Le Harve|
- My guilty TV pleasures are Hollyoaks and The Vampire Diaries. They were my favourites a few years ago. They are only guilty pleasures now as I've started to feel very old at 28 and thinking maybe I'm too old to be watching them?
- I also love Breaking Bad. Who doesn't?
- I love live music although the last 'gigs' I went to were Linkin Park when I was pregnant and Will Young near the end of 2011. If anyone would like to send me tickets for John Legend's Summer Tour I'd be more than happy to accept them ;)
- If things worked out in the future I'd love to give G a sibling.
- If I won the lottery besides the obvious things I'd open my own animal sanctuary.
- I have lived in Stockport, Plymouth, Liverpool, and Leeds at different points in my life.
- I think if I'd not become long term unwell I my career would have been one in fundraising (as in organising events). I started participating in fundraising events at a young age and it was not long before I was organising my own. I was co-head of such events at my high school at 17 and at university I joined in with several events and had many ambitions for the years to come including going to Africa but sadly life had other not so grande plans for me.
- I've met Derren Brown.
My answers to Helen's Questions:
1. What was your first pet? Officially a guinea pig called Sparky and a Rabbit called Holly. They were brought together. Unofficially a tiny fish caught from a pond at Bramhall Park that we named after a tree hugging protester that had been in the news at the time - Swampy. It didn't last long. I think either a cat or a bird got him :/ The fish that is. Not the man.
2. Where did you go on your favourite holiday? I've not been on loads due to lack of money but I'm very grateful for all the ones I have been on. I loved the two times I went abroad once to Paris and once to Cap Salut in Spain. Europe is lovely and so relaxed as well. I'd love a holiday home in Spain. However I think probably one of our family holidays in a caravan down in Paignton would probably have been the best. Devon is my home away from home.
3. As a child, what did you want to be when you were older? So many things a vet, a journalist, a dancer..... most my mother tried to put me off one way or another :( If I hadn't become un well I imagine I would have gone into a professional fundraising role or teaching rather than my current direction.
4. What’s your favourite sport/ exercise? I enjoy aerobics and circuit training. I did used to enjoy running besides being self conscious. Same goes for swimming if I wasn't so self conscious I'd go a lot more.
5. What was the last good book you read? I'm still reading another great title by Jodi Picoult. Nineteen Minutes. I find it hard to find the time after becoming a single mum but I do love to read.
6. Tell us your celebrity crush. Adam Levine and Ian Sommerhalder.
7. What’s your favourite thing in your make-up box right now? I haven't worn much make up at all the past couple of years but I always rely on a black kohl eye pencil and a black mascara.
8. Which of your posts have you most enjoyed writing? I've no idea actually! Topic wise probably my Autumn post. My Llandudno post is a contender as I had lots of good photo's for it and I enjoy doing review like posts. I think my favourites are yet to come to be honest as I'm only just coming out of my shell writing wise and I have nineteen posts in my draft section after this is published!
9. What is one thing you would definitely put on a bucket list? If he was still alive ...going to see MJ on tour! I would say travelling - vague but that's my answer. Or at least going abroad with my lg. It may be something many people manage every year but it will be a while before I'm in the position to be able to afford it.
10. What’s the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery? Cry ....tears of happiness and relief! I'd need to start playing first! It being £2 now has really put me off!
11. What have you had for dinner today? Very boring pasta and sauce with grated cheese. My little girl has been very unwell the past few days and I've had no sleep. I'm not overly well and I'm giving out 8 doses of antibiotics a day at the moment. (The guinea pigs are on them too!)
My Questions for those nominated:
- What blog do you read most often?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world besides where you are, where would it be and why?
- Who is your current favourite musician/band?
- What career path did you imagine yourself having when you were younger?
- If Father Christmas was real what would you ask for?
- Have you ever done anything on impulse for charity?
- What are your guilty pleasures on tv or elsewhere?
- What's your favourite product you use on your hair?
- Would you ever consider going vegetarian?
- What are you looking forward to this Christmas?
- What's your favourite childhood memory?
I nominate the following people:
- Sue at Little Shack on the Hill
- Ashley at Me, my bubble and I
- Heather at Rhino's to Rugrats
- The well being adventure
- Nibbles n Scribbles
- Spare bit of Sparkle
- Margarets Blanket
- Shona at Training Mummy
- Jessica at 2 children and a dog
- Lisa at Mrs Savage Angel
- Dad without a map
I look forward to reading your posts if you take part and if you tweet me the link I will share your post via my twitter.